Low Carb Cooking
Note: If you don't care for the taste of coconut, you won't like coconut flour. It's not a strong coconut taste, but it's there.
Low Carb Coconut Flour Crepes
3 Tablespoons Splenda
4 tablespoons coconut flour
1 cup Milk, 2%
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Place all ingredients in blender and process until thoroughly mixed (or use a bowl and stick blender)
2. Place a non-stick skillet over medium high heat and coat with cooking spray (I forgo the aerosol and use a pump up spray can loaded with canola oil. It's cheaper and more environmentally sensitive).
3. When pan is hot, pour in a quarter cup of the batter and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan evenly. Cook until the top is set.
4. Tilt up the pan and using a silicon spatula, loosen the top edge of the crepe and encourage it to roll up towards the bottom of the pan. Either serve it immediately or keep on a platter in a warm oven until you've cooked the whole batch.
5. Serve plain or with your choice of topping. Yogurt, whipped low-fat ricotta cheese, warmed spiced applesauce, warmed sugar-free preserves, or fresh berries all work nicely.
Makes 8 crepes for four servings. Or make it as a main course for breakfast and it serves 2.
Number of Servings: 4